Wednesday, March 25, 2020

19A--Idea Napkin No. 2

1. I overall would say that I am a people person.  I enjoy meeting and getting to know people.  I also enjoy discussing business matters.  I aspire to own a business one day, and I want my social skills to help me reach out to as many customers, suppliers, and investors as possible.  If I were to start this chicken restaurant, it would lead me to meet lots of people and make connections which would make me happy.  I enjoy being around people.  Some feedback I received in the last idea napkin was that every business owner has good social skills to a certain extent, and this time I am formulating a skillset that focuses on how being a people person will benefit my life if I were a business owner.

2. Im offering chicken to my customers at any point in the day.  Last time I said I was just offering chicken but my comments were "What about the Chick Fil A at the standard?" so now I am emphasizing the business advantages that my chicken place will have over Chick-Fil-A--and that is that one can get chicken when Chick is not open.

3. My specific demographic is UF students--those who want food after going out and those who are in need of a place they can walk to from campus.  What my customers have in common is that they are all students and need affordable food at any hour of the day.

4. Customers will pay for our chicken because our it will be easy to obtain and cheap.  This part was different the last time I did the idea napkin because I didn't take convenience into account, which is also very important to college students.

5. What sets us apart is that no other chicken place will be conveniently located and open as much as we are, and this is something that will be crucial in our advertising and marketing departments.

Overall, I believe all these elements fit together because they fit around the needs of a college student.  Eating is not always easy for college students, so fitting a business plan around their needs is crucial to our success.  However, with the medley of convenience (both in getting the food and being open at good times), quality, and price, I think that this chicken restaurant is set up for success.

2 comments:

  1. Hey John, I truly enjoyed reading your discussion blog post in regard to your second idea napkin. I do believe that your business concept of a chicken restaurant has a strong possibility of success. There are many people, such as myself, who consume chicken on a daily basis. Hence, a restaurant which offers solely chicken would suffice the protein needs of an abundance of individuals. Overall, you did a phenomenal job on this assignment and answered all aspects in great detail. Tremendous work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John! I really enjoyed your second idea napkin! I liked how you went into depth about why your business will be successful, even though the primary market is college students. I was also impressed how you were able to identify what matters most to your market and how you will align your restaurant with these preferences. I would like to see you explain more about how you took feedback from the last idea napkin and used that to create this one. Overall, great job!

    ReplyDelete